Wheaton Drama is now accepting applications from members who are interested in directing for the 2022-2023 Season.
If you are interested in directing one of these shows, please submit an application to Artistic Committee Chair Debbie Trueblood at: email@example.com by FEBRUARY 15, 2022. A separate application must be filed for each show you are submitting to direct.
The Artistic Committee will interview all prospective Directors in late February/early March. The Artistic Committee Chair will contact prospective directors to schedule an appointment.
If selected to direct, part of your commitment to Wheaton Drama will be participation in a post-show survey/interview with a Board liaison.
Announcement of the season’s shows and directors will be published in the April 2022 TYRO.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS 2/15/2022
2022-2023 Season Shows
- “Sister Act”
- (All shows are open to director applications except “Sister Act” as this show was planned and committed to prior to COVID).
- September 16, 2022–October 9, 2022
- “A Christmas Carol” (Alan Menken musical version)
- The committee recommended this show opens one week later than usual so that it runs Thanksgiving to a week before Christmas. Further, the committee recommended that this show should be done with an intentional reduction of some of the technical aspects (because our season has 3 large musicals). This will be up to the director to use their own vision to accomplish this goal, e.g., use of projections, using lighting in lieu of large sets, etc. Further, that this show was specifically envisioned for a cast which features children.
- November 25, 2022–December 18, 2022
- “Holmes and Watson”
- January 20, 2023–February 12, 2023
- March 17, 2023-April 9, 2023
- “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder”
- May 19, 2023-June 11, 2023
Please note there is no pay or stipend for this position.