Wheaton Drama is now accepting applications from members who are interested in directing for the 2019-2020 Season.
If you are interested in directing one of these shows, please submit an application to Artistic Committee Chair Christine Pfenninger at: firstname.lastname@example.org by FEBRUARY 15, 2019. A separate application must be filed for each show you are submitting to direct.
The Artistic Committee will interview all prospective Directors on Tuesday Feb. 26 or Wednesday Feb. 27 from 7-10pm in WDI’s Green Room (basement). If necessary, additional interviews may be held on Thursday, Feb. 28 from 7-10pm. The Artistic Committee Chair will contact prospective directors to schedule an appointment.
If selected to direct, part of your commitment to Wheaton Drama will be participation in a post-show survey/interview with a Board liaison. Additional information and job descriptions will be forwarded once your appointment is set.
Announcement of the season’s shows and directors will be published in the April 2019 TYRO.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS 2/15/2019
2019-2020 Season Shows
- The Addams Family (Sept 13-Oct 5, 2019 – 15 shows) (musical)
- Moonlight & Magnolias (Nov 15-Dec 8, 2019 – 14 shows) (comedic play)
- Little Women: The Musical (Jan 17-Feb 9, 2020 – 15 shows) (musical)
- Hauptmann (Mar 20- Apr 5, 2020 – 11 shows) (dramatic play)
- Peter & The Starcatcher (May 22-Jun 14, 2020 – 15 performances) (play with music)
Please note there is no pay or stipend for this position.